July 4, 2022
Hydrel has introduced SAF1 and SAF28 luminaires to the SAF floodlight luminaire family.
SAF is now a complete non-linear floodlight family for a variety of lighting requirements, including floodlighting, spotlighting, silhouetting, grazing, and wall washing. With the new additions, the SAF family can be used to create a uniform landscape, contributing to design consistency across a project.
SAF1 is a compact 3.6-inch diameter luminaire, while SAF28 is at the other end of the scale, featuring a powerful 16-inch diameter floodlight. Each delivers powerful lumen output with less luminaire.
With its narrow beam and precision lighting, SAF1 accentuates unique patterns, facades, and landmarks, harmonizing exterior spaces according to architectural lighting design needs. It offers 6° to 70° high-output distribution and up to 1,500 delivered lumens and is IP66 rated.
The IP68-rated SAF28 is the largest of the family. It offers the versatility of 12 beam distributions and delivers up to 18,000 lumens. To ensure uniform color illumination for wall wash and wall grazing applications, SAF28 offers high-performance optics with a quad chip LED that delivers brilliant light quality and optimal color mixing.
The SAF family now includes an Architectural Multi-Head accessory. For additional lighting design flexibility, the Multi-Head can be configured with two, three or four fixtures and positioned horizontally or vertically. The Multi-Head accessory can be ground, or pole mounted.
A minimalist design across the family ensures each fixture remains discreet, and its focus is on bold beams and precision illumination. The new luminaires complement the already available SAF7 (9-inch diameter) and SAF14 (12-inch diameter), which also offer the same optimal color mixing in the RGBW version.
The SAF family works in different applications and with other Hydrel product families while maintaining a unified aesthetic.
Feature summary: all models
- Slightly convex watershed lens
- IK10 option available
- 0-10V and reverse phase dimming
- Suitable for a variety of mounting options, including ground, wall, pole, stanchion
- Available in a range of finish colors
Feature summary: SAF1
- 1,500 delivered lumens
- Static white
- Beam spreads: 6°, 10°, 15°, 20°, 30°, 40°, 50°, 70°, 15°Vx60°H, 30°Vx60°H
- Color temperatures: 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K at 80 CRI, plus amber 591nm
- Beam angle, internal filter and lumen output are customizable
- Taper-Lock Technology: 180° Tilt 360° Rotation
- Optional caps: short flush, recessed lens, 45° angle cut
- Multi-Head option available: horizontal or vertical, with up to four fixtures
- 90 lumens per watt
- IP66 rating
Feature summary: SAF28
- 18,000 delivered lumens
- Static white, RGBW, and RGB versions available
- Quad Technology: no color separation, precise color matching
- Beam spreads: 6°, 10°, 15°, 20°, 30°, 40°, 50°, 70°, 15°Vx60°H, 30°Vx60°H, 60°Vx15°H, 60°Vx30°H
- Color temperatures: 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 5000K at 80 and 90 CRI, and amber 591nm
- RGBW available with DMX/RDM at 3000K and 4000K
- G0 glare rating
- Taper-Lock Technology: knuckle and yoke designs
- 90 lumens per watt
- IP68 rating
Go HERE for more information