September 9, 2022
The Manitoba government invites the public to participate in the development of the Apprenticeship and Certification Board five-year strategic plan and share its views on the province’s apprenticeship and certification system and workforce development, Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration Minister Jon Reyes announced today.
“Our government recognizes the importance of effective apprenticeship and certification processes, so we welcome public input on how we can best provide a system that ensures a smoother path to employment for individuals and a stronger workforce for all Manitobans,” said Reyes. “The anticipated insights will be invaluable as we continue to develop a five-year strategic plan for 2023 to 2028 on the key areas of training, employment and professional development.”
The Manitoba Apprenticeship and Certification Board (ACB) is hosting a series of engagement opportunities to help inform and develop a strategic plan slated for completion in early 2023. Public engagement will help identify the priorities of the next five years so the apprenticeship training and certification system continues to provide the skilled workforce Manitoba needs while delivering service excellence to industry, apprentices and all key stakeholders, the minister noted.
“The ACB provides leadership in the development and co-ordination of a relevant, accessible and responsive apprenticeship and certification system in Manitoba,” said Harvey Miller, board chair, ACB. “We are listening to stakeholders and adapting to industry needs to deliver training that meets the evolving needs of employers and apprentices to ensure we attract and retain workers for the skilled trades in Manitoba.”
The board will host five in-person public meetings and two virtual meetings. Manitobans are also invited to complete the survey on https://EngageMB.ca until Sept. 30.
Meetings will be held throughout September including:
- Sept. 7 in Winnipeg from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Norwood Hotel, 112 Marion St.;
- Sept. 8 in Brandon from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Victoria Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, 2550 Victoria Ave.;
- Sept. 22 in Thompson from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Best Western Thompson Hotel & Suites, 205 Mystery Lake Rd;
- Sept. 27 in Winnipeg from 12:30 to 4 p.m. at the Norwood Hotel, 112 Marion St.; and
- Sept. 28 in Winkler from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Quality Inn & Suites, 851 Main St.
Virtual meetings will be held in the month of September on:
- Sept. 9 from 12:30 to 4 p.m.; and
- Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
To complete the survey and to register to attend a meeting go HERE.
Go HERE for more information