September 23, 2021
The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development is hosting an online information session to help you understand your employment standards (ES) and occupational health and safety (OHS) rights and obligations as they relate to COVID-19.
The session will be delivered in English by subject-matter experts who will answer frequently asked questions the ministry receives about COVID-19, such as:
- What flexibility is there around changing hours of work?
- Can an employee be fired if they refuse to go back to work due to a family obligation related to COVID-19?
- Who is responsible for protecting workers against COVID-19 in the workplace?
- Can a worker refuse to work if they feel unsafe due to COVID-19?
- Can I take time off work to get a COVID-19 vaccine?
Register now, don’t miss your chance to ask your ES and OHS questions and learn more about your workplace rights and obligations. Send us your questions in advanced at EOP@ontario.ca.
Please note these sessions are provided for your information only. It should not be used as or considered legal advice.