January 5, 2024
Established in 2016, the NETCO Leadership Excellence award honours an industry training professional for his/her role for the success and their outstanding contributions to apprenticeship training and continuing electrical training. An industry training professional is defined as an individual who is involved with or supports apprenticeship training and continuing electrical training by virtue of his/her organization who has assisted and promoted education. Recipients of the Leadership Excellence Award demonstrate inspirational leadership to others.
The award recipient will have made an outstanding contribution to the development and promotion of apprenticeship and continuing electrical training in Canada or the province or territory in which they work.
The recipient will have distinguished himself or herself through one or more of the following:
- Ongoing promotion of apprentices and journeypersons in the electrical industry;
- Leading and supporting the growth and development of the Red Seal electrical occupations;
- Innovator of programs that provide training development in the electrical industry.
Specifically, an individual has:
- Participated in activities that encourage, motivate and promote dedication and passion in an electrical skilled trade;
- Served as a role model for success of tradespersons; and
- Demonstrated qualities of outstanding leadership.
While trades certification is not a prerequisite for the award, special consideration will be given to holders or an Interprovincial Red Seal endorsement.
Previous award nominees and recipients are eligible for nomination in subsequent years. Based on the Selection Committee’s award criteria, the best candidate will be selected as the award recipient from all nominations received in any given year.
Go HERE for more information