February 13, 2023
Here’s the easy, NEAT way to mount single or two gang boxes between wood or metal studs. Arlington’s steel SliderBar™ looks great and saves about 20 minutes per box over cutting, nailing and placing extra 2x4s. The bracket works with almost any metal box. And if you need to add another box to SliderBar, use our SL18BKT mounting bracket.
Arlington Sidebar Installation
1. Attach mounting bracket to metal box with supplied screws.
2. Slide the box-bracket assembly into SliderBar channel BEFORE bending SliderBar bracket ends.
3. Temporarily attach box to bar. Bend SliderBar bracket ends 90°, forward or back. Bend bracket ends again at the mark for desired wall board thickness.
4. Mount SliderBar on studs with #8 x 1/2″ screws. Position box on bar. Tighten screws inside box.
5. Use a SL18BKT mounting bracket to add another metal box to SliderBar.