April 25, 2023
The PV210 is a compact & cost effective I-V curve tracer that uses simple push button operation making it an efficient and versatile tester for PV systems.
A compact solar PV tester with I-V curve tracing
Why Buy the PV210 with I-V Curve Tracing?
- The PV210 is small and compact making it easy to operate when you are in the field testing solar PV installations.
- Instantly view detailed I-V curves in the field using the PVMobile .
- The PV210 has a simple push button operation making it an efficient and versatile tester for PV systems.
- 999 datasets can be stored on the PV210 and downloaded to the SolarCert software where you can compare your results to the standard test conditions.
More About the PV210
The PV210 is a compact & cost effective I-V curve tracer that uses simple push button operation making it an efficient and versatile tester for PV systems. 999 datasets can be stored on the instrument and once downloaded to the SolarCert software comparison to the standard test conditions can be made.
The tester measures ground (earth) continuity, open circuit voltage, short circuit current, maximum power point voltage, current and power (with AC/DC clamp). The instrument will also give you the fill factor of the PV module or system under test.
The PV210 has a separate 1kV insulation resistance test function, eliminating the need for a separate, expensive device. Meanwhile the high contrast display on the device is clearly visible in direct sunlight.
The unit can also wirelessly capture and record real-time irradiance, ambient temperature and PV module temperature from the Solar Survey 200R. Using the Solar Survey 200R your data can be converted to standard test conditions, in SolarCerts, for you to compare to the manufacturer’s published data.
These are just a few of the reasons Duncan Instruments believes you’ll want to invest in the PV210.
- All-in-one commissioning tests and I-V curve tracing.
- Automatic fill factor calculation.
- Ground (earth) continuity measurement with test lead null.
- PV string open circuit and maximum power point voltage measurements up to 1000V DC.
- PV string short current up to 15ADC.
- PV array insulation test at 250/500/1000V.
- Tests individual PV modules or strings.
- Memory for up to 999 records with USB download to PC.
- Instant NFC data transfer using the PVMobile app.
- High contrast display, visible in bright light.
What’s Included in the PV210 Complete Kit?
Solar Survey 200R Irradiance Meter
The 200R connects wirelessly to the Solar Utility Pro and gives real-time irradiance, ambient temperature and PV module temperature measurement results simultaneously to electrical tests being conducted.
Solar Survey 200R Mounting Bracket
The Solar Survey 200R Mounting Bracket allows you to connect your Irradiance Meter to your solar panel and position it at the same angle as the module for optimum accuracy and ease of measurement which means that you’ll have more hands free for testing in the field.
AC/DC Current Clamp
The lightweight Solar AC/DC Current Clamp is a compact instrument capable of providing accurate measurements of AC or DC currents in conductors measuring up to 22mm in diameter. Used in conjunction with the PV210, AC and DC currents can be measured from 0.5A to 40.0A.
SolarCert Solar PV Reporting Software
Duncan Instruments SolarCert solar PV reporting software allows you to easily download and manipulate data from your PV210. View accurate and detailed I-V curves and compare against module manufacturers STC values. You can also view measured, STC and nominal values for each string; calculate and display the fill factor and performance ratio for each string, and create a performance report for an entire site or drill down into a single string with the click of a button.
The Solar Utility Pro complete test kit also comes with 2 x combiner box test probes and detachable alligator clips (MC4), 2 x 2m extension leads, an external battery charger, rugged carry bag, quick start guide, calibration certificates and a 2 year warranty.