Meet the Electricians Competing for Canada at Ideal’s Championship Weekend!
October 30, 2018
After eight months, 263 events, 17 broken clocks, and thousands of competitors, Ideal’s 2018 National Championship Qualifying Round has come to an end in Canada.
We now know the names of the skilled electricians and apprentices who will be representing Canada at The Championship Weekend this December in Orlando, Florida. These nine challengers will face off against their American counterparts in progressive rounds of competition over two days. At the end of the weekend, one professional and one apprentice will be crowned National Champion and walk away with incredible cash prizes (US$75,000 — Professional / US$30,000 — Apprentice).
The IDEAL National Championship Qualifying Round winners for Canada are:
• Fastest Professional Electrician – Canada East — Lance Giesbrecht, ELG Electric, Goderich, ON
• Fastest Professional Electrician – Canada West — Paul Hannania, Panel Upgrade Experts, Calgary, AB
• Fastest Apprentice/Student – Canada East — Zach Agombar, ELG Electric, Goderich, ON
• Fastest Apprentice/Student – Canada West — Mateo Berrio, NAIT, Edmonton, AB
• Fastest Team – Professional — Matt Melanson, Brett Castein, and Jordan Pratt, Elko Electric, London, ON
• Fastest Team – Apprentice/Student — Branden Bean, Tyler Johnston, and Zach Agombar, ELG Electric, Goderich, ON
Shown in photo, clockwise from top left: Lance Giesbrecht (with Sal Carpanzano); Paul Hannania; Mateo Berrio; ELG Electric team; ELKO Electric team; Zach Agombar.
If you are a contractor, distributor or educator interested in learning more, or getting involved with the Ideal National Championship, contact Ideal’s Marketing Manager, Erin Hawley email@example.com
For more information on the Ideal National Championship, visit www.idealnationals.com