May 13, 2021
Power System Safety Protection (PSSP) is defined as the required constraints applied to the power system to provide worker protection from power system hazards during prescribed work. All personnel required to access or work on the power system must be authorized. There are five categories of PSSP authorization based on the hazards and complexity of the associated work. E2 Inc. offers training for the following categories:
This course is the System Component training that is required for authorization to either:
- Power System Safety Protection (PSSP) Category 2
- Worker Protection Practices (WPP) Category A
- The desired outcome of this course is that you will fully understand both the hazards you may encounter at BC Hydro facilities and the safety precautions you must take to avoid injury. Authorization limited to access to the power system (e.g. entering stations, work sites etc.).
- This course is the part 1 and part 2 of the System Component training required for authorization to:
- Power System Safety Protection (PSSP) Category 3
- Worker Protection Practices (WPP) Category B
Authorization limited to work on the power system that does not require a Safety Protection Guarantee except a Protection Extension on the power system under the direction of another crew member who has received a Safety Protection Guarantee, and for some types of work requiring an Assurance of No Reclose Permit.
Cat 2 & 3 Course Schedule:
- May 19th, 2021
- June 2nd, 2021
- June 16th, 2021
Go HERE to register