January 22, 2024
EB Horsman is thrilled to announce they are opening a new distribution centre in Northwest Edmonton, Alberta.
“This strategic expansion is a significant milestone in our company’s growth, and reaffirms our commitment to better serve our customers across Western Canada,” said the company on their website.
The new Alberta distribution centre will be opening May 4, 2024, and will be in the Northwest Industrial area of Edmonton.
“Our new Edmonton Distribution Centre is a big step for us,” he said. “This expansion underscores our dedication to providing exceptional service to our customers and further strengthens our presence in the Western Canadian Market,” commented Tim Horsman.
EB Horsman have tripled their warehouse capacity which has enabled us to expand our product availability, improve delivery times, diversify our product offering and provide even better support customers.
EB Horsman’s Paperless Warehouse Management System (WMS) is designed to optimize and streamline the operations of the distribution centre while eliminating the need for physical paperwork and manual processes. The warehouse will showcase a customer pick up area, a priority desk and project staging capability in addition to a robust warehouse service team. The investment in the new DC will ensure picking accuracy and the ability for overnight fulfilment within the geographic service area.
Key features of the Edmonton Distribution Centre include:
- Location: Easy access to the new location in the industrial Northwest off Highway 16 and 184 Street, Edmonton facility is strategically positioned to optimize supply chain efficiency and reduce shipping time.
- Speed of Service: Customers of Edmonton, Calgary, Dawson Creek, Cranbrook and Saskatoon can now receive product overnight.
- Increased Inventory: The expansion warehousing space allows for the ability to stock a wider range of products.
- Sustainability Commitment: Incorporating sustainable practices in operations, from a paper-less warehouse to electrified forklifts.
- Expanding Alberta team and Customer Service Abilities: The new distribution centre will create employment opportunities within the local community, contributing to economic growth in Alberta