August 18, 2022
Eaton’s Wiring Devices Introduces Code-Compliant Extra Duty Weather Protective Covers
Offered in single- and two-gang models, Eaton’s Wiring Devices’ while-in-use weather protective covers feature durable, corrosion-resistant construction, protecting devices from cracking and breaking from harsh conditions.
With a choice of die-cast aluminum or UV-resistant polycarbonate models, the covers feature a patented corner ball hinge design that allows for both vertical or horizonal mounting without having to disassemble the product – the cover will open in either orientation.
For installation flexibility, the innovative design also allows the interior box to accept multiple device inserts to accommodate decorator and GCFI devices, duplex receptacles, round receptacles and toggle switches, allowing up to 55 different configurations!
Additional features include:
- Single-gang covers include three inserts for 16 different configurations
- Two-gang covers include five inserts for 55 different configurations
- New, low-profile models (single-gang) feature a unique design that eliminates the cord bending inside the cover
- Cover cord opening fits #12 AWG or lighter cord
- Box cover includes pre-mounted gasket
- Available in Gray, Clear and White
- Temperature rating of 20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F) for extreme conditions
- NEMA 3R rated, resisting the ingress of water, rain, ice and snow
- NEC 2017 and 2020 406.9 (B)(1) for wet locations and extra duty requirement
- cCSAus Certified
Any questions, please contact:
Seth Hall, SethMHall@Eaton.com
Go HERE for more information