February 13, 2023
Test the safety and performance of a type 1, level 1 or level 2 electric vehicle ac charging stations (EVSEs) including Tesla™ AC wall connectors for residential or commercial destination charging locations with the Fluke FEV100 kit connector for Tesla™ stations. With over 35,000 Tesla™ Wall connectors at destination sites there is a growing need for a Tesla™ type connector in addition to the standard Type 1 connector. With this kit, it’s easy to verify an EV charging station is working properly after install and during periodic maintenance, or troubleshoot an EVSE if it is not delivering the appropriate charge.
- Check protective earth for correct wiring and functioning with the PE pre-test feature.
- Perform GFCI troubleshooting of EVSE and verify operation within safety standards.
- Verify charging voltage and maximum available current using a multimeter.
- SAE J1772 compliant to North American standards.
Perform EV charging station electrical safety tests
- PE PRE-TEST: Grounding system pre-test verifies that there is no presence of dangerous voltage at the ground terminal.
- GFCI TEST: Ground fault circuit interrupter test verifies the breaker of the EVSE is connected by detecting ground faults.
- PE ERROR: Ground fault simulation indicates an interruption of the ground conductor; the pending charging process is aborted, and new charging processes are prevented.
- CP ERROR “E”: The standard J1772 defines Error “E” as a state when charging station is disconnected from vehicle, disconnected from utility, there is a loss of utility power or control pilot is short to control pilot reference (ground).
Note: The Fluke connector for Tesla™ stations does not work with the Tesla Superchargers or any other DC fast charging stations. Do not attempt to use this adapter with DC fast chargers.
Tesla is a registered trademark of Tesla, Inc.