April 12, 2023
HPS Sentinel™ K energy efficient k-factor distribution transformers are rated for 600 volts and below. K-factor transformers are specifically designed and tested for applications that use non-linear loads.
HPS energy efficient k-factor transformers are the ideal solution for harmonic distortion associated with non-linear loads. They have been designed to tolerate the heating generated by harmonics.
Harmonics can indicate their presence in a number of ways: overheating, device malfunctions, telephone interference, equipment vibration and breakers tripping.
For applications with adverse atmospheric conditions, see HPS’s Totally Enclosed Non-Ventilated (TENV) product option.
HPS Sentinel™ K Features
- Meets North American Efficiency Standards: U.S. – DOE 10 CFR Part 431 (DOE 2016); Canada – SOR/2018-201, (NRCan 2019) & ON Reg. 404/12; Mexico – NMX-J-351-ANCE-2021
- Ratings from 15 to 333 kVA single phase and 15 to 1000 kVA three phase
- Standard three phase voltage groups available at k-factor ratings of K4, K9, K13
- An extensive standard offer complimented by a wide variety of custom products available
- 60 Hz frequency
- Copper and aluminum available
- Standard 150 deg C temperature rise and 220 deg C insulation class
- 10 kV BIL on all Sentinel K product
- UL Listed, CSA Certified
- Custom sizes, ratings and styles available upon request
- Optional infrared windows available
- Includes many pre-installed standard features. Click here to learn more.
Go HERE for more information