June 6, 2023
Siemens new Tandem AFCI circuit technology feeds two separate circuits from one breaker position. Twin AFCI circuit technology fits in new or existing construction and saves space in a loadcentre. Available in Pig Tail or Plug on Neutral versions.
Plug on Neutral Breakers
The Plug on Neutral Breakers have a single load lug(s) only, wiring is made easier with the neutral lug removed. These breakers can be installed in the same manner as the thermal magnetic breakers in Siemens SNC loadcentres. This allows the installer to land ground and conductors in the load center before installing the breaker and load conductor. The new design allows for the same reliable installation method using the new clip as the line side clip.
Tandem AFCI Breakers
New construction or renovation project? Tandem AFCI breakers provide flexibility where traditional breakers can’t.
- Less Space: Only one Tandem AFCI feeds two circuits and minimizes the sub-feeding options
- Increased safety with connection indictors
- Flexible options: both Plug-On Neutral and pigtail options are available
- Expanded capabilities with tandem (twin) AFCI vs. competition: one breaker feeds two circuits to save on space and time
- Allows for smaller load center needs due to combined position use
- Additional space savings: Tandem AFCI minimizes the need for sub-feeding panels
- Trusted indicator flags show when load wires are correctly inserted
- LED trip indicators for ease of troubleshooting
- Quicker installation with load lugs only
- Tandem AFCI are available in pigtail and Plug-On Neutral types