June 21, 2023
The Crouse-Hinds series Champ VMVL LED is our flagship LED fixture for Class I and Class II hazardous area mid bay and high bay downlighting. It is available in nine models ranging from 3,000 lumens to 25,000 lumens. This offers a lighting solution for areas with mounting heights from 8’ all the way up to 60’.
Champ VMVL LED light fixtures are engineered to provide maintenance-free operation, while delivering long life and high lumen performance. The Type 4X fixture provides up to 127 lumens per watt, and custom Type I, III and V optics maximize light distribution and intensity.
Champ VMVL LEDs are certified for use in NEC, CEC and IEC hazardous locations, providing a single solution for applications around the world. These light fixtures are ideal for indoor and outdoor general area lighting in oil and gas refineries, drilling rigs, petrochemical plants, food and beverage facilities, and other industrial applications where flammable gases, vapors, dusts, fibers or flyings are present.
60,000 hours at 55°C ambient
Custom Type I, III and V optics
Globally certified for haz areas
- Globally certified for use in classified, hazardous areas
- Nine models from 3,000 lumens to 25,000 lumens for areas with mounting heights of 8-60 feet
- Die cast aluminum heat sink increases surface areas and improves airflow, optimizing both LED and driver life; the VMVL LED has a rated life of 60,000 hours at 55°C ambient, and its economic life ranges from 7 to 20 years
- Energy-efficient technology – up to 77% energy savings over HID fixtures
- Shock- and vibration-resistant solid state luminaires have no filaments or glass components that could break – greatly reduces the risk of premature failure
- Custom Type V, Type III and Type I optics distribute the light where it is needed most and can help reduce the number of fixtures required for certain lighting application
- Contractor-friendly VMVL LED utilizes the same mounting modules as our legacy HID luminaires, simplifying installation and reducing costs in retrofit projects
- Mounting styles – pendant mount; cone pendant mount; flexible pendant mount; ceiling mount; wall mount; stanchion 25° mount; stanchion straight mount
- Cool white standard (5000K, 70 CRI); warm white (3000K, 80 CRI) and neutral white (4000K, 70 CRI) optional
- Instant illumination and restrike
- Cold temperature operation/no warm-up required
- Dimmable driver, 0-10V
- Contains no mercury or other hazardous substances
- Operating ambient: -40°C to 65°C (VMVL-3 to VMVL-13 models); -40°C to 55°C (VMVL-17 to VMVL-25 models)
- Lamp housing and adapter – die cast aluminum with Corro-free epoxy powder coat
- Lens – heat- and impact-resistant glass
- Gaskets – silicone
- External hardware – stainless steel
- Factory sealed, no external seals required
In his new role, Dino will be responsible for leading, developing and executing sales strategies across key targeted industry segments. He will manage and direct the growth activities of the Sales and Channel teams as well as provide business and operational leadership to the sales teams and associated support functions.