June 27, 2023
This course will provide an in-depth look at the features of MS Project as a project management tool. This one-day workshop covers:
- Default Project Calendars (Standard, Night Shift, 24 Hour)
- Modify Project Calendars (6 and 7 day weeks, Statutory Holidays, etc)
- Modify Task Relationships and Lags to allow for buffers and concurrent activity
- Set and Modify the Project Baseline
- Manage resources for a project such as Labour and explore Resource Leveling options in MS Project
- Generate a Cash Flow Projection based on the MS Project Schedule that can be exported into MS Excel
- Sort, Filter and Group the project information
- Format project views and Gantt Charts
- Set up a Master Program with Sub-Projects (for Construction Managers and Project Managers who are managing multiple projects at the same time)
Who should attend?
Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: project managers, project coordinators, construction managers, superintendents, general foremen, foremen and estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for contractors and subcontractors in all segments of the construction industry.
Workshop date & time:
- Thursday, July 27th, 2023
- 7:00am – 3:00pm PT
People enrolling in this course should have the following:
- A general understanding of project management concepts
- Basic skills with MS Project
Click here to review the technical requirements necessary to attend this workshop.
Credit: With the completion of the workshop, you will receive 1 credit towards your Gold Seal Certification.
Phil Perry of Perry Educational Services Ltd has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last twelve years for organizations such as the Edmonton Construction Association, Calgary Construction Association, Winnipeg Construction Association, Ontario Roadbuilders Association, Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association, University of Alberta Faculty of Extension, and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.
He has been facilitating Better SuperVision programs since 2009. He has facilitated over 350 courses and over 2500 students over the last four years. In his spare time, Phil is a Master Course Facilitator for a National Sports Organization and chaired their National Coaching/Instructional Program for four years. He was the recipient of the 2018 IG Wealth Management Community National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award.
Fees will be collected at the time of registration. Should it be necessary to cancel your attendance please contact ECABC at any time up to 4 weeks prior to the course start date for a full refund. A cancellation from 2 weeks to 4 weeks will result in a 50% refund. There will be no refund for cancellations less than 10 business days prior to the scheduled start date. Participant substitutions may be made up to 2 days before the course start date, at no additional fee.
If the course needs to be to be postponed or cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, ECABC will refund the registration fee or, if possible, the attendee may choose to move to an identical session in the future.