May 29, 2023
With the onset of spring, SaskPower will begin work to upgrade power infrastructure in Regina’s central business district, ensuring continued reliability.
This approximately $9 million investment will involve replacing or removing equipment that has reached the end of its life, including underground cables and duct banks. Planned outages required to complete this work will be kept to a minimum, and any outages and traffic disruptions will be communicated ahead of time.
Over the past five years, SaskPower has invested more than $44 million in system upgrades in central Regina, which has resulted in a 15 per cent decrease in unplanned outages within downtown Regina.
Notable upgrade projects taking place between May and December include:
- Saskatchewan Drive: late April to early June
- Install duct bank and remove/replace underground cable
- 11th Avenue: May to October
- Install multiple duct banks, replacing streetlights, replacing underground cable
- McIntyre Street: mid-May to mid-October
- Install duct bank and new underground cable
- Alley north of Victoria Avenue: late September to end of December
- Repair underground conduits
For more information about this project, visit saskpower.com/reginadowntown.
A top workplace in today’s world is about more than the job. It’s even more than the pay and benefits. Many job seekers want a workplace that demonstrates values that align with their own. This includes a commitment to sound environmental practices and sustainability.