At Kerrwil we love stories about family businesses and we love those great untold ones about great electrical family business that have stood the test of time. The founders of GERBER Electric go back to 1931 and have demonstrated a long rapport with the community its served then and today.
After 22 years as a Union Gas Fitter, Carl Gerber, purchased Glencoe Radio Electric from Wilbert Hind. Two years later in 1953 the gas fitting, plumbing and electrical, propane and appliance business was moved from Main Street, Glencoe, ON to his residence and became known as C.J. Gerber. Several of Carl and Mary’s children have worked for the business. Sons, Bruce and Dave combined with Carl in 1975 to form Gerber Electric Ltd., which was moved to its present location at 139 Symes Street, Glencoe, ON in 2005.